A Blog Rebrand

When I first started this blog, I spent a long time picking out a name that was supposed to last me forever. A lifestyle blog by someone who wore (and still wears) a lot of floral prints), 'Life in Florals' was a perfect title at the time. But after almost two years, things have changed, I have changed, and the direction I want to take this blog in has changed. As a result of trying to keep my blog within the original themes I started out with back in 2015, I've become a little disenchanted with it. And so, the time has come for a rebrand.

Back in 2015, I was intimidated by rather than passionate about politics, I hadn't yet started university and the blog was intended as a place where I could write very casually and share my experiences. Now, reaching the end of my second year studying History at university, I have much more passion for debate and discussion and in general, what I want to write about and how I want to write about it has changed. Whilst I always maintain that I will write about whatever I like on my blog, this rebrand points it all more in the direction of things such as history, politics and feminism, as well as more reviews of literature, theatre, film and television. I also won't be deleting any old posts as I feel they're all artefacts in my 'blogging journey'.

The new name:
No, 71 Feather Street is not my address. Feather Street is an approximate English translation of 'Rue Plumet', which the Les Mis fans amongst you may recognise as the temporary residence of Valjean and Cosette in Paris. I felt that this acted quite well as a joint reference to my favourite musical, a brilliant work of historical fiction and the city of Paris - after which I am named. 71 refers to 1871, the year of the Paris Commune, which I will be writing my dissertation on this coming year - referencing again 'Paris' and also my degree, which has been a huge part of my life these past (almost) two years.

So welcome to 71 Feather Street, I look forward to writing here!

Paris out 💃 xxx

P.S. Happy election results day! Political posts coming your way when I get home from my weekend trip :)